I have a healthy skin (which could get better if I stop watching Downton Abbey and get some more sleep at night, well!) and I don’t use any fancy products as yet. I get by fine. What about you?
Hello, all! I am so excited that one of your (and definitely mine) favourite series on this blog – Beauty Talk – is back and I am even more glad that today, I get to interview the very lovely, a dear friend and fellow military wife Minerva, the charming soul behind the popular Insta page @thatsillywander. Read on to know her skincare secrets, beauty must-haves, all the deets on her popular lip colours and the cute secret behind her rosy cheeks.
According to you, what beauty trick does everyone must know?
Do you have a family beauty secret?
Hello ladies! I’m glad to feature the very talented, very sweet and charming beauty vlogger Ikya Kesiraju in today’s Beauty Talk series. Read on to know the trick to amazing eyebrows, the simplest way to kill a zit and beauty secrets of her equally stylish mother:
Few weeks ago, I gave up a lot of cosmetics that I had been using (and storing) and pared down to a very simple product – natural oil.
I had been struggling with skin and hair issues since years and was just not able to get it right. I wanted to get back to my shiny, strong, healthy skin and hair that I used to have as a kid, which I lost during my teenage years and never really gained back.
Of course, my lifestyle choices are to be blamed equally – sleeping late, not getting enough rest, long hours on computer and phone, unhealthy eating habits, washing hair everyday and not oiling them ever – what a poor body is to do!
So I started facing problems like dull and pigmented skin, extreme and unpredictable oiliness or dryness, hairfall and thinning hair and what not. Of course, I was trying to look for solutions in wonderful skincare brands, but how much can it help if I myself do not cooperate with my choices and disciplined use.
But there were two constant issues gnawing at me throughout that I had to resolve – my need to minimize the number of products I was using and avoiding as many chemicals as possible.
- I realized that no matter how good or costly a product I bought, I never really went on to use it reguarly to see the results. I was just too lazy to slather on that many ‘speacialized treatment’ products. I wanted something simple, something more basic, but still having the ability to solve all of my woes.
- Articles talking about how the body absorbs a lot of what we put on it made me worry. The realization that our random medical issues might be in any way related to the cosmetics we have been using is just too scary a thought. I want to have a clean body inside-out. Because honestly, someday I would want to have a baby inside and I do not want it to be floating in cosmetics induced chemicals (ok, may be exaggerating, but not all untrue!)
So this made me quit most of my skincare products.
I bought myself organic coldpressed virgin coconut oil and olive oil (because that is what they say is the purest and the best) and started using them as cleanser, face and body moisturizer, makeup remover, hair conditioner, leave-in conditioner/hair serum.
This change has also enabled me to bid goodbye to more than 200 of synthetic chemicals which I was forcing onto my body through above mentioned products.
Within a couple of weeks’ time, these are the changes I have experienced:
- My skin feels so nourished and moisturized – at all times. No more dryness!
- My face looks clearer and brighter.
- My hair feel smoother and healthier.
My skin has never looked better. My skin has never felt better.
I am exploring more options to minimize my beauty routine. I am seriously considering quitting shampoo. I wish we had more options for organic make up products in India.
For now, I am happy just exploring natural, minimal and very effective skincare. My skin breathes. It brings me joy. I am finally learning to cherish my own self, naturally as I am.